Every year, new supplements with the potential to improve joint health and wellness flood the market. In 2018 alone, over 400 natural joint supplement products hit shelves in North America. With so many options out there – how can you trust that any of them actually work?
The “best dog joint supplement” is a product that is designed to help your pet’s joints. It can be used as part of a regular diet or in place of traditional medications.
This article will look at the pain and other symptoms of arthritis, as well as the top five joint pain pills on the market and some of the most popular chemicals in them.
Arthritis pain and inflammation may be moderate or severe, making it difficult to function. When pain is caused by the joint itself, the condition develops. Pain may also come from other places, such as the cartilage or tendons, according to the Mayo Clinic.
These problems may affect the back, shoulders, knees, hands, wrists, and feet, among other body parts. Joint discomfort may make it difficult for people to move about and be flexible. It may have a big influence on everyday life, stopping people from doing the things they need to do.
Living a healthy lifestyle is one answer to this issue, since it may assist to reduce arthritis symptoms. A natural supplement may also help with pain and inflammation. Some of these items are very efficient in alleviating the symptoms of joint pain.
What are the benefits of joint supplements?
The majority of these supplements are high in anti-inflammatory compounds, which help to relieve joint discomfort and swelling. They are frequently high in antioxidants, which help to alleviate symptoms. They also assist to strengthen the immune system and heal joint injury by reducing oxidative stress (1).
Many of these treatments have chemicals that absorb a lot of water, making the space between the joints more liquid. This process aids in the enhancement of flexibility and movement (2). There are other chemicals in the mix that help to decrease cartilage degradation.
Choosing a Supplement for Joint Pain
There are a lot of joint supplements on the market, and deciding which one is best for you might be tough. It’s critical to scrutinize the components thoroughly and do independent study on each one.
You must double-check to ensure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. Also, check the product’s health warnings to be sure it’s right for you. Go to your doctor and acquire medical permission before starting any new product.
WHY IS FLEXOPLEX THE JOINT SUPPLEMENT OF CHOICE? READ THIS!
Ingredients to Look for in Joint Supplements
The following are some of the most frequent major active compounds found in joint supplements:
- Glucosamine is a naturally occurring chemical found in cartilage. Shellfish is the most common source of glucosamine in joint supplements. There’s some evidence that it may aid with osteoarthritis pain and swelling, as well as cartilage degeneration (3).
- Chondroitin is a natural component of cartilage and is often taken in conjunction with glucosamine. It may aid to relieve pain and inflammation, as well as prevent cartilage breakdown and heal damage. Chondroitin is useful in relieving the symptoms of knee osteoarthritis, according to a research published in the Annals of Rheumatic Diseases.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a component of synovial fluid. It absorbs a large amount of water, making the area between the joints more liquid. Joint flexibility and mobility are improved when you drink a lot of water. Oral hyaluronic acid reduces knee discomfort, according to a study published in the Nutrition Journal.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) – This material is made up of dimethyl sulfoxide, which is an organic sulfur compound. It’s an antioxidant that may help the body fight oxidative stress and boost immunity. It has been shown to help with joint discomfort and inflammation (4).
- Boswellia Serrata is a tree that grows in India, Northern Africa, and the Middle East’s mountainous areas. It offers a wide range of therapeutic and anti-inflammatory activities. The efficacy of this plant as an anti-inflammatory was examined in a review published in the Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, which highlighted research in which it successfully reduced joint discomfort.
- Turmeric is a ginger-related plant that is often used as a spice in cuisine. It includes polyphenols called curcuminoids, such as curcumin. Curcuminoids contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Turmeric seems to be an excellent therapy for arthritic symptoms, according to research (5).
The Top 5 Supplements for Joint Pain
We looked at all of the joint supplements available today and chose our best. The following are the top five items on the market:
1. Flexoplex is an acronym for “flexible complex.”
Flexoplex’s patented formula is made up of 9 organic substances that claim to reduce joint pain and inflammation while also restoring flexibility and mobility. It’s a powerful supplement that may help your joints heal and prevent future degradation.
Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Bromelain, Hyaluronic Acid, MSM, Rutin, Cat’s Claw Bark Powder, Trypsin, and Boswellia Serrata are some of the ingredients.
Arthrozene, no. 2
This is a three-step method that offers various advantages for arthritis sufferers. It may help with pain, edema, and stiffness, as well as cartilage breakdown, lubrication, and flexibility and movement. Starting to work takes just five days.
Collagen, Boswellia Serrata, and Hyaluronic Acid are among the ingredients.
3. The Factor of Relief
Relief Factor is a supplement manufactured entirely of botanical and fish oils that claims to control the body’s key enzymes and proteins. It may help to relieve pain and inflammation in the joints and muscles, as well as reduce discomfort. It has the potential to greatly improve your day-to-day existence.
Turmeric, Epimedium, and Japanese Fleeceflower Root are among the ingredients.
Omega XL (#4)
It’s an omega-3 supplement made consisting of a blend of 30 fatty acids sourced from New Zealand’s oceans. The product claims to reduce pain and inflammation while also improving joint health and mobility. Omega-3 fatty acids are also beneficial to the immune system.
30 Omega-3 Fatty Acids Ingredients
5. Heal and Calm
This supplement contains enzymes as well as 12 powerful organic extracts. It employs systemic enzyme therapy, which means the enzymes go throughout your body and aid in the maintenance of a healthy inflammatory response. It aids in the reduction of pain and edema while also promoting flexibility and movement.
Yucca Root, Boswellia, Rutin, Turmeric, Devil’s Claw Root, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex Ingredients: Yucca Root, Boswellia, Rutin, Turmeric, Devil’s Claw Root, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Are there any joint supplements that work?
Yes, many joint supplements are really effective. If you’re thinking about taking a joint supplement, be sure it has some of the crucial elements we’ve identified. It’s worth noting that the effectiveness of these drugs has been scientifically proven.
Turmeric or glucosamine: which is healthier for joints?
Both of these ingredients are beneficial in the treatment of joint issues. Because everyone is different, it’s possible that one is better for you. If you’re not sure, go with a product that has both components.
Furthermore, some include chemicals that physicians do not recommend.
What are the top five foods to avoid if you have arthritis?
Some foods may aggravate inflammation, making pain and swelling in problem areas worse. Processed foods, refined carbs, fried meals, red meat, and high-fat dairy products are all examples (6). Rather, choose for immune-boosting meals that will benefit your general health.
What medications do physicians recommend for arthritic pain?
The majority of clinicians treat arthritic symptoms using nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs). They may also prescribe anti-inflammatory medicines, corticosteroids, biologic response modifiers, disease-modifying antirheumatic therapies, or opiate painkillers (7).
Is it true that arthritis becomes worse in the winter?
Yes, arthritic pain and inflammation may be exacerbated by the cold and wet weather. Many arthritis sufferers can forecast the weather based on how their joints are feeling (8).
What vitamins may help with joint pain?
Several vitamins may help in arthritis therapy. Vitamins C, E, and A, which are antioxidants, may help to alleviate symptoms and heal damage. Vitamins K and D also help to strengthen your bones. Vitamin K is also linked to cartilage structure development (9).
Who Should Consider Purchasing a Joint Supplement?
Individuals who suffer from joint or cartilage discomfort and inflammation, stiffness, and issues with flexibility and movement should take joint supplements. They’re ideal for folks who need therapy but don’t want to use prescription drugs.
Advice on Arthritis
There are certain lifestyle changes you may undertake to assist alleviate the symptoms of arthritis. Among them are (10, 11):
- Low-impact exercise may help strengthen the muscles that surround your joints, reducing stiffness and increasing mobility.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight – Excess weight puts strain on your joints and connective tissue. To prevent this strain, aim to maintain a healthy weight. Maintain a healthy way of living.
- Stop Smoking — Smoking causes connective tissue tension, which may exacerbate arthritis pain. Furthermore, if you are a smoker with arthritis, make every effort to quit.
- Maintain Good Posture – Maintaining good posture will help to alleviate some of the joint discomfort you’re experiencing. Your doctor or physiotherapist can show you how to sit and stand properly.
- Eat a Nutrient-Rich Diet — A nutrient-rich diet may aid in the relief of arthritic symptoms. Eat foods that have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects in particular.
In summary, the pain, swelling, and stiffness that accompany arthritis may make life difficult for people who suffer from it. To enhance one’s quality of life, treatment is essential. Some individuals choose to acquire prescription medicine from a doctor, while others prefer a more natural approach.
There are now a number of organic joint supplements on the market that include elements that help to relieve pain and inflammation while also improving flexibility and mobility. If this is your desire, thoroughly examine the supplements to ensure you choose one that is right for you.
Before you start taking any new supplement, talk to your doctor about it. Before you start your new program, be sure you get permission from your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do joint supplements Really Work?
A: Some thought that joint supplements are effective in helping to repair cartilage and connective tissues. Others believe that some people have had a positive response after taking these supplements, but it is not clear if the joints will be healthier as a result
What is the best supplement for joints?
A: The best supplement for joints is a variety of vitamins. Vitamins are healthy and they help give your body the nutrients it needs to function properly! If you need more information, please consult with a doctor or search online on how much each vitamin should be taken per day.
Does joint 33X really work?
A: It may or not work. A lot of people have mixed feelings about this joint, but its probably worth a shot!
- cosequin for humans
- glucosamine for dogs