Biohm is a supplement that is designed to improve cognitive function and memory. It claims to give users an edge with their focus, attention span, reaction time, and mood. Biohm has been available in the U.S., Canada, England, Australia and New Zealand for just over one month now.
Biohm is a dietary supplement that claims to help people with “insomnia, anxiety, depression, and more” by increasing serotonin levels. It has received mixed reviews from consumers on Reddit. Read more in detail here: biohm reviews reddit.
Summary of the Biohm Review
Biohm is a firm that provides gut microbiome testing and supplements that might help with digestion. Read on to learn more about Biohm in our review!
Nebula Genomics is a company that specializes in genomics. is a company that specializes in genomics.
Biohm provides a cost-effective analysis of gut microbial DNA. Supplements are available for purchase at an extra cost.
Christina Swords, Ph.D., edited the piece.
7 things we learned from our Biohm review
- Cleveland, Ohio is the home of Biohm.
- Multiple supplements that improve gut health, as well as a gut test that employs DNA sequencing to determine the gut flora.
- Biohmhealth.com offers both the Gut Test and vitamins for purchase. Supplements are also available for purchase on Amazon.com.
- Collect a fecal sample, test intestinal microorganisms, and get individualized recommendations
- Reports: The Gut Test generates a total gut score, as well as individualized information on gut microbial populations and suggestions for improving gut health.
- The Gut Test will set you back $129. The cost of supplements ranges from $24.99 to $44.99.
- Complimentary products: Nebula Genomics is a company that specializes in genomics. is a company that specializes in genomics. (the most affordable 30x Whole Genome Sequencing)
Introduction to Biohm
This is a review of Biohm (Biohm health), a health and wellness firm that promotes client digestive health via a range of products that target both bacteria and fungus found in the gastrointestinal system. Dr. Mahmoud Ghannoum, Ph.D. and his son, Afif Ghannoum, created the microbiome enterprise in 2016. Dr. Ghannoum is a professor at Case Western Reserve University’s School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio.
He has more than 40 years of fungal research expertise and has received more than $25 million in grant funding from the National Institutes of Health to investigate fungi. He founded Biohm, a firm that promotes overall wellness by enhancing gut and microbiome health, based on his NIH-funded research and expertise in the function of fungus and digestive plaques.
The first Biohm Supplement with probiotics was created to combat the buildup of intestinal plaque in the gut. Other supplements, such as probiotics and prebiotics, have been introduced to their product range. Biohm has created a DNA test for digestive system health that allows users to sequence their DNA to identify the bacteria and fungus that live in their stomach. Biohm claims that by analyzing the balance of their whole microbiome, including fungus, clients may make more focused supplement selections.
Biohm Science Review
Biohm’s products seek to promote gut health by balancing the microbiome and mycobiome in the intestine. The human microbiome is made up of all microorganisms that exist on or in the human body, including bacteria, viruses, and others. Beneficial bacterial strains have lately attracted a lot of attention as a source of defense against dangerous bacteria and as a need for gut health. Dr. Ghannoum, Biohm’s originator, invented the term “mycobiome” to describe the body’s fungal collection.
Probiotics may be able to restore good bacteria and enhance digestive health in patients who have an imbalance of bacteria and fungus in their stomach. However, further study is needed to determine the precise benefit of probiotics. According to some scientists, the probiotic impact isn’t as strong as it is typically claimed. Furthermore, since probiotics are categorized as supplements, they are free from many of the FDA’s rules and side effect investigations.
Biohm bills itself as a “significant advance in probiotics.” Unlike other probiotics, which contain just beneficial bacteria, Biohm encourages bacteria and fungus to collaborate. This is accomplished by adding beneficial bacteria, fungus, and other microbial balancing elements.
Biohm probiotics are described in detail.
The advantages of Biohm products begin with the fact that they are the only ones that have been proved to break down intestinal plaques. Bacteria and fungus in the gut interact to generate digestive plaques in the stomach, similar to how plaque forms on teeth. Plaques like this protect hazardous bacteria and fungus while also causing stomach distress, diarrhea, and bloating. Maintaining a healthy mix of bacteria and fungus in the stomach is essential for preventing plaque formation.
Biohm products include healthy bacteria and fungi that neutralize harmful bacteria and fungus, resulting in the breakdown of intestinal plaque. An additional digestive enzyme in the products aids the body’s effective energy extraction from meals. Supplemental beneficial bacteria and fungi assist to keep these organisms in a healthy balance in the stomach.
Biohm aids in the neutralization of fungus and bacteria.
Diet, alcohol consumption, and stress may all contribute to a microbial imbalance in the gut, which can lead to the creation of intestinal plaque. Genetics may also have a significant effect.
Each individual has a distinct microbiome that is shaped by their DNA and then affected by external influences. The kinds and numbers of microbial organisms normally present in the stomach may be influenced by genes.
According to a study conducted by a group of Cornell researchers, persons with specific genes have a larger load of beneficial bacteria. The persons in this group tended to be naturally slimmer. They also discovered that certain bacteria seem to be heritable.
Biohm Product Evaluation
Examining the Biohm Gut Test
Gut test kit from Biohm.
Customers may sequence the DNA in their gut bacteria and fungus using Biohm’s at-home gut DNA testing kit. Customers also get tips for enhancing their digestive health depending on the bacteria discovered.
It costs $129 for the gut test and written advice. Customers may opt to have a 30-minute consultation with a nutritionist in addition to the written suggestions. The test and consultation together cost $149. Although Biohm is not covered by insurance, it may be qualified for HSA coverage.
Performing a Biohm Test
Customers collect a fecal sample using the accompanying instructions and collection kit after ordering a gut test. The white region of the swab will be entirely covered with a big enough sample for examination. After that, the consumer registers their collecting tube and mails it to Biohm Labs in the prepaid envelope supplied.
It is suggested that customers cease taking vitamins and supplements if they wish to observe their natural microbiota. Alternatively, if they like, they might examine their microbiota with these additions. Customers who are taking antibiotics should wait two weeks following the last dosage to take their sample. This allows time for the antibiotic to exit their system.
When the lab gets the sample, quality check is performed to verify that there is enough material to process. The consumer will be contacted if there isn’t enough. Results usually take 4-6 weeks once the lab certifies that the sample is sufficient. When the findings are available, customers will get an email. Their report is accessible through their online gut test portal account.
How to get the most out of your Biohm kits.
DNA is taken from the feces, amplified using a PCR reaction, and collected in the lab. The bacterial and fungal DNA is sequenced in order to identify the microorganisms. Each microorganism profile is examined and compared to population-wide values. A trained nutritionist reviews the final report and makes advice on how to improve overall digestive health.
Report by Biohm
The report is broken down into four sections:
- Overall stomach feeling
- The bacterial and fungal populations in your gut
- suggestions that can be implemented
There is a sample report available. In this YouTube video, Biohm founder Dr. Ghannoum explains how to read and understand your report.
The Overall stomach feeling is provided on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being poor and 10 being good.
The customer’s levels of six main bacterial communities and four major fungal communities are compared to normal levels in the comparison section. There’s also a breakdown of the strains.
The bacterial make-up of the intestine.
The final component compares a customer’s microbe levels to those found in the general population. Individual species or phyla are used to classify microorganisms. For example, the customer’s actinobacteria phylum is high in this report compared to a typical, balanced gut microbiota. Bifidobacterium species and Collinsella aerofaciens, the two species-level bacteria found, are at normal levels.
The percentage values reflect how much of this phylum or species makes up of the entire gut microbiome. Finally, the report assigns a (+), (x), or (-) before the scale to each microbe group, indicating whether it is useful, harmful, or neutral.
The last part contains individualized dietary, lifestyle, and supplement advice that are aimed at improving overall digestive health.
Biohm supplement goods are included in the final recommendations, as one would expect from a commercial firm.
Biohm Supplements Review
Biohm supplies a number of products targeted at boosting digestive health in general. To improve your health, supplements include 30 billion living cultures. Biohm is the first probiotic designed specifically to break down intestinal plaque.
Supplement with probiotics
- Purpose: Combines beneficial bacteria and fungus with a potent enzyme to help break down intestinal plaque and restore gut health.
- $44.99 price
- B. breve, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, beneficial fungus The enzyme amylase, produced by S. boulardii, Enteric Coating on Vegetable Cellulose Capsules
Supplement with probiotics
- The purpose of this supplement is to improve the probiotic environment in your stomach by providing an excellent feeding ground for probiotic organisms.
- Price: $29.99
- Inulin, Apple Pectin, Peptidase, Lipase, and Vegetable Cellulose Capsule are among the ingredients.
Cleanser for the Colon
- Purpose: Provides an all-natural cleansing for your colon, enabling your system to begin its ideal digestive journey.
- $24.99 price
- Cascara Sagrada Bark, Psyllium Husk, Senna Leaf (20 percent Extract), Flaxseed, Aloe Vera Leaf, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Licorice Root, Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil, Vegetable Cellulose Capsule Ingredients: Cascara Sagrada Bark, Psyllium Husk, Senna Leaf (20 percent Extract), Flaxseed, Aloe Vera Leaf
Probiotics for Immunity
- Purpose: Supports healthy immune performance by combining the power of BIOHM Probiotics with immunity-boosting Vitamin C.
- Price: $36.99
- B. breve, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, S. boulardii, amylase enzyme, Vitamin C Enteric Coating on Vegetable Cellulose Capsules
Super Greens Organic
- Purpose: Combine BIOHM’s potent probiotics, prebiotics, and enzymes with fruits, vegetables, and herbal extracts.
- $44.99 price
- Greens, Inulin, Adaptogens, Cruciferous Vegetables, Digestive Enzyme Blend are among the ingredients (the enzyme amylase, Bromelain, Cellulase, Lipase, Papain, Protease)
Customers may also save money by bundling their supplements with Biohm’s regimens.
- The goal is to feed and enhance your microbiota.
- Price: $64.99
- Probiotics and prebiotics are two supplements to consider.
- Cleaning, restoring, and optimizing your microbiome is the goal.
- Price: $74.99
- Supplements: Probiotic, Prebiotic, and Cleanser for the Colon
Biohm Personal Information Protection
Biohm only does a DNA analysis on the bacteria discovered in the fecal sample when conducting the Gut Test. Biohm does not share individual-level genetic data or survey replies with third parties, according to its Privacy FAQ page. Genotyping labs and credit card processors are given access to relevant individual-level data.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology is used to transmit personal information such as name, email address, and survey replies. Personal information also includes the identify of bacteria and fungus found in a customer’s stomach.
Reviews by Biohm
News sites such as NPR, ABC News, USA Today, and Forbes have covered Dr. Ghannoum’s finding of the relationship between gut bacteria and fungal. He’s also appeared in publications including Oprah Magazine and Women’s Health.
Customers on Trustpilot gave the Gut DNA Test a 3.8/5 star rating. The majority of clients said the exam was well worth their money and effort, and that they learned a lot. The negative reviews tended to mention issues with their sample, such as samples that were unable to be examined.
The majority of Biohm’s supplement products, including probiotics, prebiotics, and probiotics with super Biohm greens, are available on Amazon.com. Each product has a 4.6/5 rating or better, based on around 300 reviews.
Biohm Pros and Cons Analysis
- Vegetarian, egg-free, non-GMO, synthesis-free, and soy-free supplements are available.
- Registered nutritionists are available.
- There is a DNA test available.
- Scientists created it.
- Processing period is lengthy (about 7 weeks).
- Occasionally, a sample cannot be examined.
- The scope of DNA testing in the stomach is restricted to identifying microorganisms.
- The study of the microbiome and the advantages of probiotics is still in its early phases.
Nebula Genomics is a company that specializes in genomics. is a company that specializes in genomics.
We finish our Biohm review with a look at Nebula Genomics is a company that specializes in genomics. is a company that specializes in genomics..
Because heredity determines the kinds and amounts of microbes in our stomach, a DNA test may help consumers decide whether or not to take supplements. A DNA test from Biohm detects bacteria and fungus in the stomach and compares them to normal levels. While gut health is important, it represents just a tiny portion of the information your DNA may provide. A single Biohm gut test is now on sale for $129 (the regular price is $179).
For just about double that price or less, you can sequence your entire genome with Nebula Genomics is a company that specializes in genomics. is a company that specializes in genomics. 30x Whole Genome Sequencing service. We determine 100% of your DNA, not just a snapshot. Health and wellness often involve multiple systems. Having the opportunity to analyze your entire genome, you are setting yourself up to answer overall health questions as they arise.
Your microbiome is continually changing. At some point in the future, the findings of a DNA test may not be accurate. You can only detect the microorganisms that are present in supplements when you are using them. If you opt to stop taking supplements, you can only identify your local microbes.
By sequencing your permanent genome, you will have lifelong access to your genes, which will not change.
Even though your DNA remains the same, science is always changing. The Nebula Library is a repository of papers based on the most recent genetic breakthroughs. Over 150 genome-wide association studies (GWAS) are updated weekly, and new reports are included with each update.
You may get tailored results that represent your genome if you buy the whole genome sequencing service. To get these results, you may also upload existing DNA data from sites like 23andMe or Ancestry.
Do you want to learn more about gut health? You may check out our other product evaluations to see how these gut health testing firms stack up:
- The second day (gut health, personalized recommendations for blood glucose optimization)
- Irreversibility (gut health and personalized recommendations)
- Psomagen is a kind of Psomagen (gut health and gene test)
- rootine rootine rootine rootine rootine root (personalized supplement and vitamins based on DNA test)
- Sun Genomics is a company that specializes in genomics (gut microbiome testing and personalized probiotics for adults, children, and infants)
- Thryve, Thryve, Thryve, Th (personalized probiotics)
- Viome is a word that comes to mind when (gut health and microbiome testing)
You may also be interested in these additional at-home lab tests and products for general health and wellness:
Tru Niagen or Elysium Health are two supplements that may be able to help you slow down the aging process!
Curology (personalized skincare), Plexaderm (skin anti-aging), Yoga Burn (weight reduction), and Medishare (cost sharing ministry) are among the other companies that have received positive feedback.
Did you like our review of BIOHM? More reviews may be found on our site, as well as our comprehensive guide to the best DNA test kit and other home testing.
Biohm is a product that contains many ingredients like spirulina, wheatgrass, and chlorella. It also has some other ingredients like vitamin C and E. The company claims that the supplement is safe for children, pregnant women, and people with allergies. Biohm has no side effects but it does have a price tag of $69.99 for one month’s supply. Reference: biohm super greens side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Biohm a good probiotic?
A: Biohm is a probiotic product, yes. It contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis that helps to maintain healthy bacteria in the gut.
What does Biohm test for?
A: Biohm tests for thyroid function, and iron levels.
Is Biohm dairy free?
A: Biohm is not a dairy product, so it is safe to consume without concerns of lactose intolerance or contamination.
- biohm weight loss
- biohm test reviews
- biohm super reds reviews
- biohm greens reviews
- biohm gut test